My youngest saw me looking at a fantastic bunk-bed tidy on the Sew Scrumptious blog about a month ago, and declared that this was exactly what he needed!
I finally got around to making it this week. I had found some brilliant Tintin sheeting fabric at our local market and had made bed covers for the boys with it. I used the left-over fabric to make the pockets, and two layers of the calico to make the main section. My big delay was finding out what the Indonesian word for velcro was! Once I had that sorted I went back to the market and bought 2 meters of it for 80 cents!
This came together really easily and my son loves it!
On another note, my little blog reached 50 followers last week, and so to celebrate and to thank so many of you for supporting me, I thought I'd have a giveaway. I just love the quilting community and I love that I've made some great friends through it. I really enjoy reading so many of your blogs and I have been the lucky recipient of quite a few giveaways. So this is my thankyou to all of you.
I found these Japanese cottons (all half-meters) and these pretty ribbons at the fabric market.
There will be two winners. One person will win this pretty floral design, the blue dots and the green ribbon.
The other will win this Liberty print (on Japanese cotton), the green dots and the blue ribbon
To enter just leave a comment (if you like you can tell which one you would like if you won)! I will draw the winner on Thursday morning, Indonesian time.
Linking up with Sewjo Saturday