Friday 22 May 2015

Sew the Library - Great kids' gifts

Uh-oh! The family we are staying with this weekend are celebrating two kids' birthdays. Gifts are called for - and quick ones at that!

My new favourite sewing book 'Sew Organised for the Busy Girl' by Heidi Staples to the rescue!

First up, for the 3 year old...

20150521_140253

... a 'Book Nook' pillow/cushion.

Perfect for time out, reading quietly, playing with teddies, and maybe even a quick snooze!


And for the 10 year old...

P1110298

...an Envelope Art Clutch.

Great for carrying around a sketch book and art supplies, ready to create, sketch or colour at the drop of a hat!


I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Great, simple, fun projects and the directions are really clear and well laid out. Well done Heidi!

Linking up with

Weekend Doings

If you haven't visited 'Weekend Doings' yet, you are missing out on a real treat ... go on, take a look!

Also linking up with Finish it up Friday

19 comments:

  1. Love a good book pillow! The fussy prints are very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, I said I wasn't buying any more quilting books, but am now off to order this! How can I not with those makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those - have to buy that book! The book nook pillow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifts, love the toaster fabric in the cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 awesome gifts!! So perfect for the ages of the lucky recipients. The book sounds very handy, thanks for the recomendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such sweet gifts! I love them both! That fox fabric in the cushion (or is it s Snooks Book Nook pillow!!?) is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these look amazing - perfect gift projects for children - not too hard and to make and very usable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a great book. Both of these gifts are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming idea - a pillow with a book sleeve. Congratulations on both finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, you have a fabulous selection of novelty prints. I'm thinking of cutting into my Lizzy House stash for some projects for my little ones, too ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fabulous gifts! So impressed with your fabrics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun project! I love the pocket pillow! =) Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have made book bags that hang on the sides of a bed for bedtime reading, but not a pillow. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great ideas - may be worth investing in it for future makings here! Love your makes - beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That pillow and the art clutch will make the children VERY happy Deborah! Heck they would make anyone happy. You did a beautiful job with them and i love the fabrics you selected. I ordered Heidi's book and need to curl up with it for a good browse through.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are perfect gifts - I bet they will be well received - great sewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Muy bonitas las telas y muy buena idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great projects! Great choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heidi's book has really wonderful projects. I love your fabric choices. I'm sure those gifts made the little ones really happy. I think I want one of those art clutches for myself.
    Thank you for linking up your gorgeous finishes to Sew the Library.

    ReplyDelete