This will be the last of the 'Curves' posts for a while, but I wanted to share the final project that I made from Rachel's Curves Class: The Orange Peel Pillow.
This project came with a warning about its trickiness, so I approached it cautiously, making sure that I cut each piece individually and accurately. This time round we were told to pin all the curves, which took forever, but I can see why it was needed. Achieving accuracy was definitely tricky. I didn't unpick any of my sewing, but you can see below that I missed the mark slightly in a couple of places.
I decided, as I didn't have any interfacing, to use a really thin batting and quilted around the edge of the outside orange peels, as well as a few invisible stitches right in the center.
I used the focus fabric for the back and installed a hidden zipper. I think the back is nearly as pretty as the front!
This was a time consuming project, but one where I can happily see the progress I have made in sewing curves. There are more projects from the class that I really want to make, but they will have to wait a while.
Linking up with