Friday 21 November 2014

Pretty

After my mammoth quilt finish last week, I needed a couple of smaller projects to finish up this week. 


First up was this drawstring playmat for a precious friend who just had a baby girl (finally there are some baby girls in my life - it seemed for a while there that everyone I knew was having boys!).  I used Jodi's pattern for this and it was brilliant - really easy to follow with lots of photos. The great thing about it is that when you are ready to go you can just pull the strings and it becomes a bag to carry around all that baby/toddler stuff!


Secondly I needed to whip up a quick birthday present and decided to try my hand at making a boxy pouch.

Boxy pouch

Another great pattern, although I probably should have used some interfacing. I love that this fabric needed no embellishments or patchwork to make it look fantastic - I am finally appreciating the Tula hype!

Linking up with TGIFF and Finish it up Friday.
The playmat is my third finish for the 2014 Finish Along Quarter 4

16 comments:

  1. Lovely finishes! Really like that playmat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The playmat idea is fabulous - we used to use a quilt to toss out all our legos on when I was a kid and then bundle it up for storage, and the pulls on the edge of the playmat are a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What terrific colors on the playmat - and wow, yeah! What a great design. :) I completely love Tula Pink designs and similar fabrics, but it's hard for me to find things to use them in often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes! I love the playmat: the colors are perfect for a girl. And the design is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for finished! The playmat is brilliant and I love those grays and purples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The playmat is brilliant, lovely and useful what more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genious design for a playmat. I love how it becomes a bag. Thank you for the link to the boxy pouch tutorial too. I might buy some interfacing and a few zips and have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly what you mean about enjoying some small projects! The playmat you made is beautiful! I love that Heather Bailey line. You are. The best gift giver!!! All of your friends are very lucky to have you as their friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have often thought about remaking my awful childhood homemade Lego bag. (Yes, I still have the Lego – ahem – for visitors' kids, of course!) A hexagon!? That would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your playmat! I had to run over to Jodi's store and buy the pattern immediately. :) I have a Jelly roll that would be perfect for making a couple mats for my nieces. I hope I can get them done for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That playmat is awesome! I'm sure the friend is going to treasure and value that gift! and love the look of your boxy pouch.... A great pouch is really handy isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that playmat! Wish I had one of those to take to the park when my two were babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you make so many lovely items to giveaway, oh generous one! both are great items that are not only useful but beautiful. lucky friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These projects are both really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That playmat is the best gift for a baby. I love the colours you've used. Your boxy pouch looks great too, your friends must love receiving gifts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your version of the hexagon mat is fantastic! It would look great for adults too, a picnic mat?

    ReplyDelete